- We love it here!
- There are still boxes to unpack, things to organize and reorganize, but we are feeling pretty settled in.
- I’ll have to get Zach to give me a list of birds that we’ve seen…. it’s quite impressive. I’ve seen more warblers in the last two weeks than I’ve seen in my life.
- There is a large, male black bear in the neighbourhood. We haven’t seen him but the neighbours see him consistently. I know that Jaska has caught his scent a couple of times because he has a distinct sound and behaviour when a bear is around. I’m glad he is here to protect us…. especially when I go out to put wood in the fire at night!
- Sometimes I can’t get enough of Danica. She is highly entertaining and so smart and cute. Sometimes I think I can’t take another moment of Danica. She screams, hangs off my leg, yells “no” at everyone.
- I’m trying to go to bed earlier. Yeah, sure, laugh it up. I know some of you are now that you’ve read this. (Especially if you’ve worked with me at camp.) I’m trying to get up earlier, which I have been doing, but I can’t maintain it unless I succeed at going to bed earlier.
- Can you believe it is June?
- Graeme having non-call weekends off is awesome!
- The kids and I drove south the other day to check out a south-of-the-border town for shopping potential. I didn’t think about it being Memorial Day. Lots of things were closed. It was raining. Anyway, shortly after we crossed the border we almost hit a moose. We pulled over, backed into a road and watched the moose cross and recross the highway. Everyone saw it. Later that day we saw a deer out my bedroom window. Ever since, Danica keeps looking out the windows of the house saying “Boose, boose, Mommy, Mommy, boose! It dere [there]! ‘dit go? [where did it go?]?” or some similar string of words. On walks she points into thick woods and says, “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, dee, dee [deer]!”
- There is SO much to explore out here.
- Sometimes when I look around at the scenery, the house, the beauty…. I feel like we are on a luxury vacation….. without the staff. Hmmm….. now that would be nice.
- A neighbour with beautiful perennial gardens has offered that I could look at her gardens and “pretty much anything” I want she will dig up and give us!
- Mom is here and with her help we’ve gotten a lot of the outdoor/garage organizing done which feels really good.
- It looks like keeping the hummingbird feeders full this summer could be a full-time job.
- Chrissy and her punks are coming tomorrow! With plants and seeds!
- God is rich in mercy and great in love! The above is a small sampling of what we have to be thankful for, but he has given us infinitely more….. life eternal, a heavenly hope, a future bodily redemption…. when our yearning will be filled. No matter how satisfying our present circumstances seem to be, or how comfortable we feel with “home”, there will always be a longing for that heavenly home. We are pilgrims here, but for a moment.
Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.