What I want to know is if this woman’s children have read her book. Her daughter is 13 and her son is 10.
‘I really regret it. I really regret having children’ (Globe and Mail article)
40 reasons not to spawn
These are the arguments author Corinne Maier uses in her book to persuade readers to just say no to having children. Each reason gets a chapter.
- The desire for children: A false aspiration.
- Childbirth is torture.
- Don’t become a travelling feeding bottle.
- Continue to amuse yourself.
- Subway-job-kids: No thank you!
- Hold onto your friends.
- Do not adopt the idiot language we use to address children.
- To open the nursery is to close the bedroom.
- Child, the killer of desire.
- They are the death knell of the couple.
- To be or to make: You shouldn’t have to choose.
- The child is a kind of vicious dwarf, of an innate cruelty.
- It is conformist.
- Children are too expensive.
- You become an ally of capitalism.
- They will destroy your time and your freedom.
- The worst drudgery for the parents.
- Do not be deceived by the notion of the ideal child.
- You will inevitably be disappointed by your child.
- To become a merdeuf (soccer mom) – what horror!
- Parenting above all else – no thanks.
- Block your professional path with children.
- Families: They are horror and cruelty.
- Don’t fall into an overgrown childhood.
- To persist in saying “me first” is a badge of courage.
- A child will kill the fond memories of your childhood.
- You will not be able to prevent yourself from wanting your child to be happy.
- Child care is a set of impossible dilemmas.
- School: a prison camp with which you’ll have to make a pact.
- To raise a child, but toward what kind of future?
- Flee from the benevolent blandness.
- Parenting will make you soft.
- Motherhood is a trap for women.
- To be a mother, or to succeed: You must choose.
- When the child appears, the father disappears.
- The child of today must be a perfect child: a brave new world.
- Your child will be in constant danger from pedophiles and pornographers.
- Why contribute to a future of unemployment and social exclusion?
- There are too many children in the world.
- Turn your back on the ridiculous rules of the “good” parent.
This entry was posted in Family
. Bookmark the permalink