We made it in to Moose Point Lodge yesterday afternoon. Due to the flooding situation at home I postponed our flight by several hours, but we still got in on the day planned! (I wouldn’t have heard the end of it from the kids if we didn’t!) I was anxious to get here too. In fact, I’m trying to figure out how I can spend the summers here for the rest of my life. That might work out for next summer if we rent out the house. We can live with Graeme for the summer, and escape the heat and smog for the idyllic life here in the summer. Anyway, that aside, we are here and everyone is happy. The weather was a little “if-ey” and the flight was bumpy. I thought Ben was going to be sick. We saw a big black bear from the air.
Jaska (our dog) is having a great time with his new chocolate lab friend, Willow. They are close in age and get along fantastically. I’m thinking of taking him out to a site on the lake where a bear is hanging out to see him in action. I’m curious.
I have one more “free” day and then I start cooking. I would be more excited about it if my littlest darling was consistently sleeping through the nights. Oh well. All will be fine.
The weather is cold and wet. What a surprise. It’s consistent with the last couple of months. I don’t know if we’ll be doing any swimming while we’re here. We’re excited that it’s supposed to get to 19 degrees Celsius tomorrow. It will feel pretty balmy!